Each of these products is completely different than the other. The Jergens instant sun is a foam base and gives a darker color than all the others. I got the light bronze in this one and it can get really dark if it is used more than two days in a row. The one I really like the most would be the Jergens wet skin moisturizer. This you use in the shower before you dry off with your towel. I loved the regular Jergens moisturizer which does not irritate my skin like some moisturizers do. I have the fair to medium coverage and it gives very little color but it can be just enough to brighten the skin. Another one I like is the L'Oreal sublime bronze, these a tanning wipes which your just wipe all over your body and these dry really quickly. The last one I like is the Neutrogena build a tan, which is a traditional lotion base and leaves a really good color.
There are a couple things that I have learned that are important to keep in mind when self-tanning:
- Use a less amount of lotion around your elbows and knees.
- Be careful not to get a line on your wrists when being sparse around your hands.
- Wash your hands afterward to avoid orange palms
- try a tanning mitt to get an even coverage.
- Don't over do it. If you are not satisfied with the coverage after the first day then do it again, but never more than two days in a row.
- Know your skin and what will work best for you.
, by Kelsey Quackenbush